- 01. The Day That Mauro Ran Over Elwy Yost
- 02. Seattle/Washington/Prague 00/68 Chicago/Nixon/Reagan Circle-Fighting Machine
- 03. Yuppie Restaurant-Goers Beware Because This Song Is For The Dishwasher
- 04. Just Another Jive-Assed White Colonial Theft
- 05. Why Are All The Dogs Dying Of Cancer?
- 06. My Kitchen Is Tiananmen Square
- 07. Any Movement That Forgets About Class Is A Bowel Movement
Droopy Butt Begone!
by 1-Speed Bike
CST014 - 2000
Alternating between humour and homage, Droopy Butt Begone! opens with a medley of 80\'s techno/hip-hop references (shameless filtered synth swells, BPM doubling, scratch samples and a shout-out dedication of sorts), giving way to delicate glockenspiel underpinned by head-bobbing beats. Aidan Girt (GY!BE, Exhaust) is the merry studio prankster here, and this is the first full-length record under his 1-Speed Bike moniker, which operates in Montreal and region as a mobile activist soundsystem. The album includes a kinetic remix of Fly Pan Am, who were simultaneously at work on their new EP (cst011) at the Hotel2Tango while Aidan was mashing things up in the back room. The heart of the record finds slow loping beats ebbing and flowing around a beautiful palette of melodic figures and harmonic whirrs on \"Just Another Jive-Assed White Colonial Theft\"; a sustained hip-hop groove anchoring the playful sample stew of \"Why Are All The Dogs Dying Of Cancer\" and the house-inflected beat workouts of \"My Kitchen Is Tiananmen Square\". It all culminates in the exuberant closing piece \"Any Movement That Forgets About Class Is A Bowel Movement\" -- an instant classic that features an anarcho-poetic-cum-toliet-humour rant by the man himself. Dark atmospherics and shimmering melodies bind these tracks throughout, set against various whimsical touches sure to please those with an appreciation of the inherent disposability and trash-can aesthetics of sample-mad musics. Jazzercise for the revolution.