- 01. Blue Drones For a Ballad (Part One) (Disc 1)
- 02. Another Day is Fade Away (Disc 1)
- 03. The History Knocks My Bedroom Door (Disc 1)
- 04. Another Night is All Around (Disc 1)
- 05. Blue Drones For a Ballad (Part Two) (Disc 1)
- 06. Lights From the Middle of Nowhere (Part One) (Disc 2)
- 07. Timeless (Disc 2)
- 08. Lights From the Middle of Nowhere (Part Two) (Disc 2)
The Stones Know Everything
To some, this might sound dull. To others, it might strike you as meditation music for your yoga class. To all of you, all I can suggest is listening to this journey into sound and be prepared to come out the other side changed by what you\'ve experienced.
Fresh from his spectacular 3” cd-r on Foxglove and another release for A Silent Place, Naples’ Fabio Orsi partners here with sound artisan Gianluca Becuzzi. Orsi is another young and unexpected talent coming through the new Italian pipeline. \"The Stones Know Everything\" is the second release of his sprawling trilogy with Becuzzi (the first CD, \"Muddy Speaking Ghosts Through My Machines,\" appeared on A Silent Place in late 2006). Gianluca has been around for the better part of two decades making music under the monikers Kinetix, Limbo, and others, but his work with wunderkind Orsi opens a new chapter in his impressive body of work.
Crafting something this immense puts these two musicians into the realm of Stars of the Lid, Birchville Cat Motel and Growing, creating several intense worlds of ambient splendor, juxtaposing the sounds of everyday life with jetstreams of microtones and pulses of audible light. And they handle this enormous task with the care and precision of a watchmaker or a surgeon, but also with the ears of an obvious fan of sound.